Saturday, June 24, 2017

First Go w/ Basimilus Iteritas Alter Eurorack Module


The Basimilus Iteritas Alter module by Noise Engineering just arrived. It's an aggressive percussion/voice module, and it's intense. I'm starting a row of percussion modules in my rack and felt this would start it off with a nice edge.

In this demo I turn out the BIA in a full frenzy of CVs and triggers from Varigate 4, S/H from Pittsburgh Modular Toolbox, a couple of Attack/Release envelopes. Getting some help from the 4MS Rotating Clock Divider. There's other tutorial vids out there, just wanted to show the module in the extreme going full throttle. Not for the squeamish or faint - you've been warned.

My assessment: this thing is SICK! and has a tendency to take over the whole mix if you allow. I will probably take things down a notch or two when making my patches - just so there will be room to bring in other elements. I love this thing, and it takes fun to a whole new extreme.

No comments: