Sunday, July 29, 2012

Update from the studio

Currently recording a new track Polar Shift.  It's doing very well.  I very much wanted from the beginning to use the K5000S Additive Synthesizer to generate some lush digital soundscape material for this project.  I believe my unit was literally saved from a garbage heap by environmental recyclers.  From previous post you'll remember the K5000S was my restoration project that came to me w/ a dead LCD, busted plastic endcaps, and non-functional programming interface.  Every single button and data dial were all thoroughly filled w/ some kind of sticky congealed beverage.  Now that I have gotten what appears to be all of the issues resolved, programming sounds on the K5000S has been enthralling.  It's deep, intense, and quite immersing.  I love that.  The K5000S is once again starting to unleash some amazing sounds!  Will be posting an audio demo of this beast very soon.

No comments: